Lent begins February 14, 2018. Join your B-B family and “give up” something and “take on” something to refresh you spiritually.
What is Lent?
What is Lent? (from The Upper Room Ministries) – click on the link and learn more about what Lent is (including 10 things you can try in Lent)
Lent is a season of the Christian Year when Christians focus on simple living, prayer, and fasting in order to grow closer to God.
Lenten Disciplines through Bethel-Bethany
During the Lenten Season, you are invited give up something, or some way of acting, that distracts you from following Jesus and his commandment: to love God with our whole being and our neighbors as ourselves. Traditionally, people have given up some food, activity, or habit, to remind themselves of what Jesus gave up for us. Think of something that you could give up that would help you live a more holy & holistic life.
During Lent, you are also encouraged to take on a discipline that can enrich a person’s spiritual life and faith. The following are possible disciplines:
1) Attend Wednesday, 9 am Bible Study (2/21, 3/7, 3/21)
2) Study the Psalms or the Lectionary Texts as a daily meditation
3) Attend Wednesday “Great Courses” 9am Class (2/28, 3/14, 3/28)
4) Attend the Wednesday Evening Great Courses 6:30 pm class (2/28, 3/14, 3/28)
5) Donate or Volunteer at Tricklebee Café, our EPiC partner (44th & North)
6) Take time for personal retreat (reading, centering prayer, rest) during the day
7) Participate in Sunday Worship
8) Come to Taizé Worship 3/15 at 6:30pm
9) Offer intercessory prayers for others
10) or come up with your own ideas.